Friday, June 24, 2011

Eleventh Day After Baclofen

In a pretty bad mood today. I don't think i'll be getting paid this week and can't afford this coming week's medication so not really sure what to do. Usually it's in my bank account by 7am, It's my fault I know. I can't afford alcohol either and my body still needs it to not end up with seizures/hallucinations .I'm not making this up, it has happened to me already a couple of times and is pretty scary. As I said I am averaging 203UK units a week so it's too high to cold turkey. I'm thinking of detox if I can't get some financial support at this time. I know they won't give me Baclofen though and I really want to continue with the treatment since it looks like it actually works for most that are on it. It just takes about a month to get to a high enough level for it to start working.

Anyway I got about 60mg of Baclofen left at least. I'll update once I figure out what to do.

UPDATE:  I got a few emails about this post and I don't think you understand. I get my meds from the Walgreen's so but couldn't afford to get the whole prescription since I got that super saver's plan to make the medication much cheaper over time. I am almost out but it was there waiting for me. I managed to get some cash from a family member that I only have to work off instead of paying back so it's ok now. I woke up in alcohol withdrawal with no means of doing anything and it caused me to over worry that was all. I was being a bit dramatic I think.

4 comments:

  1. What do you mean "you can't afford medication". Are you saying that you don't have more than a few days of baclofen in advance and are not sure to be able to get more instantly ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my Baclofen at Walgreen's. I have to get the super saver plan and could only afford to buy a 1 week worth. It is waiting on me. Oh and I managed to get a little money to get the rest so it isn't even an issue now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that you may need to take as much as 300 mg per day which is more than what you take in a week right now ?

    And that once you will reach "high doses" (more than 80mg/d) you will not want to stop abruptly do you ?

    Well ... be carefull !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it could take up to even 600mg from what I some are saying on MWO forums. I highly doubt I'll need those sort of levels.

    Baclofen withdrawal is supposed to be something awful. It is a GABA agonist so you can't stop abruptly and it could even be very dangerous just as alcohol or benzo withdrawal are(both are also GABA agonists)

    Once this starts working i'll be a lot more functional and money won't be a big issue plus now that I got the super saver plan and get the doc to approve 10mg instead of 20mg tabs it'll be a lot cheaper.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete