Thursday, June 16, 2011

Third Evening After Baclofen

Hey guys!!
I made it to 2:46pm today before drinking anything. I didn't feel as though I had to drink until near this point and I feel I could have done with out. It could be part habit/psychological addiction or part withdrawal and I'm starting to not worry so much since getting up to 10mg Baclofen per day. I found out that Baclofen is as effective as Diazepam(Valium) in alcohol withdrawal so it could have something to do with it. I know if I have Xanax/Valium/Librium or some other benzo that I can stop drinking for long periods of time but they are addictive for me since I am an addict type.

I drank 2 quarts of 8% malt liquor from 2:46-6:40ish! That is a HUGE improvement in my pace of drinking and volume. I felt more drowsy and didn't get the euphoric/stimulant effects that cause to me drink more and faster. I did very much enjoy the drinking but it was very much under control and almost normal feeling. I am thinking Baclofen helps to block the things that make us go into a craze, we have an unusual effect from drugs.

I also managed to get some work done today. I work with code/web markup languages and graphic design so I need to be able to settle and focus to do it. I am still far off from being fully functional but I am noticing some improvements, I did at least get something useful done. I hope I can keep this up and stay functional while titrating up my Baclofen dose.

I may make another post after my night time Baclofen dose but can't think of anything to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment