Monday, June 13, 2011

Beginning of my Baclofen Journey

I talked with a wonderful Doctor who is an accomplished author and expert in psychiatry and psychoanalysis. Really feeling great about meeting this guy and I will listen to every word since he obviously knows a lot about this stuff, much more than I do. Some times I feel many Doctors have stopped learning since they left school and I don't respect their every word or feel some are even giving me bad information or profit oriented information, but not with this guy. I really trust that he knows what he is doing. He isn't even concerned about money until I get better. What doctor does that now?! Come on you know this has to be something great we are on to.

I'm not sure if I should put his name and info up here but I'm sure some of you have already figured out who it is or are working with him as well. I'll give the info to anyone who needs his help if they contact me. I just don't want marketers or spammers or government bothering him.

Oh, I also got my first batch of Baclofen from Walgreens! I am starting at 5mg per day for 3 days and should be up to 75mg by the end of the month. I did feel a bit calmer after taking even my first dose which is strange (placebo maybe?). I did of course drink today but it was under control. My doctor said to keep drinking and upping the dose of my medication. I will naturally drink less and less and this way I won't have to go detox in the hospital since I am physically dependent to alcohol(daily drinker for many years) and prone to horrible seizures when detoxing. Also I think this is just how the medication works and you are expected to still drink while upping the dose, instead of going up really quick. It sounds crazy I know but this is what my doctor has told me and as I said I will follow every piece of his advice. The bad little alcoholic/addict in me loves this I will admit , but that could be why this method might just work for our type.

If you are anything like me, abstinence is NOT an option right now. This medication is supposed to make it possible but it isn't required for success. Even hardcore alcoholics who have lost every thing are on this medication but still have occasional drinks and are successful. The key is that they don't NEED alcohol or drugs anymore and can take it or leave it now. I think some will leave bad comments talking about abstinence being the only way. I have been through this enough that I am not going to respond to such comments or I may block them. Sorry but this is a place discussing another way out which may work for those that have totally failed with trying abstinence. I know what doesn't work for me already and am focused on this way right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment